Wound Management: Prevention and Treatment of Dog Bites
Medical conditions associated with a high risk of infection after a dog bite. The clinical features in humans can be divided into 3 phases.
- Initial Stage - pain at the site of bite, numbness of limbs, headache
- Excitation stage - restlessness, hydrophobia, hallucinations, change in tone of voice
- Paralytic phase - unconsciousness, restlessness and death.
- Hydrophobia (fear of water) is an indicative feature of rabies.
- If you feel normal even after 10days of dog bite – Beware you could still be infected with Rabies – Metros/ Non-Metros.
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...