What are the best ways to close and clean the wound?
Do’s when cleaning the wound.
- Wash the wound with soap and water for at least 10 mins.
- Apply household antiseptics, Povidone iodine, spirit (alcohol)
- Get vaccinated by your doctor to avoid the risk of Rabies
- Inform your doctor if vaccinated earlier so that vaccine schedule can be altered.
Don’ts when cleaning the wound.
- Do not touch the wound with bare hands
- Do not apply turmeric or chillies to the wound
- Do not apply coffee, lime, soil, oils, herbs, chalks, betel leaves etc to the wound
- Do not cover or bandage the wound or have the wound sutured.
Health Star Of The Week
A hefty Ganesh found it difficult to walk around or cycle in the chemical plant where he...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...