Wound Management: Prevention and Treatment of Dog Bites
Medical conditions associated with a high risk of infection after a dog bite. The clinical features in humans can be divided into 3 phases.
- Initial Stage - pain at the site of bite, numbness of limbs, headache
- Excitation stage - restlessness, hydrophobia, hallucinations, change in tone of voice
- Paralytic phase - unconsciousness, restlessness and death.
- Hydrophobia (fear of water) is an indicative feature of rabies.
- If you feel normal even after 10days of dog bite – Beware you could still be infected with Rabies – Metros/ Non-Metros.
Health Star Of The Week
Vishal was frustrated with his monotonous life which included being surrounded by books,...
Pain in the testicles may be due to a minor injury or some other serious illness. Many...