Healthy New Year’s Party Snacks
New Year’s Party Snack Recipe # 6: Gingered crab phyllo dumplings
These dumplings look and taste lovely. Crispy, triangular shaped dumplings filled with ginger-flavored crab, water chestnuts and corn. But worry not, these are completely healthy; nevertheless, moderation is key.
• 1 can (7 oz/200g) white crabmeat
• ½ cup (125 ml) canned water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
• 1 ½ cups (375 ml) frozen corn, thawed
• 4 scallions, chopped
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
• 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) Chinese cooking wine or dry cherry
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) canola oil
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) toasted sesame oil
• 6 sheets phyllo pastry
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper
For the rest of the recipe click here
Many people’s jobs require them to sit in the same spot for several hours at a time,...
Do you feel exhausted every time you head to the gym? Workout fatigue is a real problem...
Refined foods get clogged in the colon, causing gas, indigestion, flatulence and...