Healthy New Year’s Party Snacks
New Year’s Party Snack Recipe # 6: Gingered crab phyllo dumplings
These dumplings look and taste lovely. Crispy, triangular shaped dumplings filled with ginger-flavored crab, water chestnuts and corn. But worry not, these are completely healthy; nevertheless, moderation is key.
• 1 can (7 oz/200g) white crabmeat
• ½ cup (125 ml) canned water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
• 1 ½ cups (375 ml) frozen corn, thawed
• 4 scallions, chopped
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
• 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) Chinese cooking wine or dry cherry
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) canola oil
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) toasted sesame oil
• 6 sheets phyllo pastry
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper
For the rest of the recipe click here
Every New Year, we tend to make New Year’s resolutions that we swear we are going to...
Your hands can become rough from your daily chores, making them look a lot older than the...
Stevia is a popular sweetener and sugar substitute that is favoured widely as it...