#6 Tip on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
Other healthy oils that you can try are:
- Rice bran oil: Rich in mono–unsaturated fatty acids and cholesterol lowering properties, this oil also contains natural vitamin E.
- Sunflower/Safflower oil: This oil is rich in PUFA particularly linoleic acid, which lowers the levels of good as well as bad cholesterol. So it will be a good idea to alternate this oil's use with other healthier oils.
- Mustard oil: This oil has a higher proportion of Mono-unsaturated and Poly-un-saturated fatty acids. Use in moderation.
- Groundnut oil: Groundnut or peanut oil contains heart friendly MUFA that lowers levels of bad cholesterol in our body without lowering the levels of good cholesterol.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil does not contain cholesterol hence it can be consumed for cooking in combination with other oils in the kitchen. But always remember moderation is the key word.
Health Star Of The Week
Weight loss becomes a herculean task when you have a small baby in your hands and pounds on...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Vegetable Kati Roll is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with whole wheat rotis and mixed...
Summer brings with it a plethora of problems – skin, hair and health problems like...
Women generally know how to make their men happy, but do you know there are erogenous zones...