Healthy Cooking: 10 Tips on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
#9 Tip on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
Some facts on fats, which you must know:
- Fats are a member of a chemical group called lipids.
- Fats provide energy of 9 calories per gram.
- Fats provide Satiety – provides palatability and a feeling of fullness.
- They are carriers of nutrients – fat soluble vitamins as A,D,E,K.
- The body does need a certain percentage of fat as it acts as the body's insulator protecting organs and absorbing shocks.
- The body does not manufacture certain fatty acids as linoleic and linolenic acid and the diet must supply these.
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...