Healthy Cooking: 10 Tips on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
#9 Tip on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
Some facts on fats, which you must know:
- Fats are a member of a chemical group called lipids.
- Fats provide energy of 9 calories per gram.
- Fats provide Satiety – provides palatability and a feeling of fullness.
- They are carriers of nutrients – fat soluble vitamins as A,D,E,K.
- The body does need a certain percentage of fat as it acts as the body's insulator protecting organs and absorbing shocks.
- The body does not manufacture certain fatty acids as linoleic and linolenic acid and the diet must supply these.
Health Star Of The Week
Manisha chose to be ignorant about the weight she had gained over the years, as she was...
If women are coy about sex, men are coy about skincare treatments. Men also face skin...