Healthy Cooking: 10 Tips on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
#9 Tip on Using Fats and Oil in a Healthy Diet
Some facts on fats, which you must know:
- Fats are a member of a chemical group called lipids.
- Fats provide energy of 9 calories per gram.
- Fats provide Satiety – provides palatability and a feeling of fullness.
- They are carriers of nutrients – fat soluble vitamins as A,D,E,K.
- The body does need a certain percentage of fat as it acts as the body's insulator protecting organs and absorbing shocks.
- The body does not manufacture certain fatty acids as linoleic and linolenic acid and the diet must supply these.
Hollywood celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza lets us in on some of her A-List client's...
Available only in winter, Indian gooseberries, or amla as they are known in Hindi, have...
You probably started growing a moustache this month with the vague intention of...