Healthy Foodie: Light and Fluffy Chocolate Cake Recipe
A healthy chocolate cake recipe? Are you already wrinkling your nose in disagreement? Yes, it is possible. All you need is a handful of ingredients, 10 minutes of preparation time, 30 minutes of cooking time and your light and fluffy, healthy chocolate cake is ready. Even if you are the fiercest of cake bakers and fans, you will fall head over heels in love with this moist chocolate cake; we guarantee. You can even jazz it up with homemade low fat ice cream, crumbled cookies, nuts and chopped fruits - all without compromising on the health front. Ready? Here you go!
- 180 kcalories
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fat 7 g
- Saturated fat 3g
- Fibre 1g
- Sugar 18g
- Salt 0.33 g
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp whole wheat cornflour
- 100g 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 100g light soft cheese
- 70g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 85g caster sugar
- 25g chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp strong black coffee
- Heat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Take a bowl and whisk the eggs and sugar until they are light and fluffy. Continue for 5 minutes using an electric hand whisk. The mixture would have increased in great volume by now.
- Now, gently add in whole wheat cornflour, cocoa, baking powder, flour to the mixture one by one and fold them in by using a large metal spoon.
- Now take a baking tray of the shape you want your cake to be. Apply a thin sheet of baking paper and place the cocoa mixture over it. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cake is well risen. In order to check if the cake is well made, press the sides of the cake – if it springs back when gently spread it is a perfectly made cake. Leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the icing of the cake, microwave the chocolate and coffee together for 30 seconds or until the chocolate has melted.
- Now take a different bowl and beat the soft cheese with yogurt and icing sugar until smooth. It is time to mix a bit of this mixture with the melted chocolate and coffee.
- Now, place the cake on a serving plate and spread the yogurt mixture on top.
- To finish the cake, microwave 15 grams of chocolate until melted and finish the last touches of the cake.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...