Healthy Foodie: Healthy Pistachio Passion Ice Cream
Would you still go for a commercially prepared pistachio ice cream, if we told you that you can easily enjoy a homemade, healthier version in less than 30 minutes? Add to that the health benefits from pistachios; a 30 gram serving of pistachios, which is 49 kernels and 160 calories, gives one tremendous measures of nutrients. Not only will this pistachio ice cream recipe give you a creamier ice cream, but it will also keep guilt at bay...far far away!
- 125g of unsalted, uncovered pistachio nuts
- 75g of brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 500ml of double cream
- Take around 60 grams of pistachios and put them in the food processor, along with half of the sugar and blend into a smooth paste until fine.
- Now take the leftover 60 grams pistachios and chop them with a sharp knife on a chopping board.
- Now, whisk the egg yolks and add the leftover sugar to the bowl. Blend the mixture with an electric blender until thick and creamy.
- Now, take a heavy-based pan and place the cream and finely grounded pistachios over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Now remove from the heat immediately and pour the mixture on the egg yolks by whisking rigorously.
- Now pour the pistachio custard on the pan and stir on low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Now, remove from the heat. Let it stand until the mixture is cool enough. Now place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Now place the pistachio custard in an ice cream maker by slowly folding in the hand-chopped pistachios. Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container now and freeze for minimum of 2 hours. Your healthy pistachio ice cream is ready!
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...