Healthy Foodie: Healthy Pistachio Passion Ice Cream
Would you still go for a commercially prepared pistachio ice cream, if we told you that you can easily enjoy a homemade, healthier version in less than 30 minutes? Add to that the health benefits from pistachios; a 30 gram serving of pistachios, which is 49 kernels and 160 calories, gives one tremendous measures of nutrients. Not only will this pistachio ice cream recipe give you a creamier ice cream, but it will also keep guilt at bay...far far away!
- 125g of unsalted, uncovered pistachio nuts
- 75g of brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 500ml of double cream
- Take around 60 grams of pistachios and put them in the food processor, along with half of the sugar and blend into a smooth paste until fine.
- Now take the leftover 60 grams pistachios and chop them with a sharp knife on a chopping board.
- Now, whisk the egg yolks and add the leftover sugar to the bowl. Blend the mixture with an electric blender until thick and creamy.
- Now, take a heavy-based pan and place the cream and finely grounded pistachios over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Now remove from the heat immediately and pour the mixture on the egg yolks by whisking rigorously.
- Now pour the pistachio custard on the pan and stir on low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Now, remove from the heat. Let it stand until the mixture is cool enough. Now place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Now place the pistachio custard in an ice cream maker by slowly folding in the hand-chopped pistachios. Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container now and freeze for minimum of 2 hours. Your healthy pistachio ice cream is ready!
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Every year we tend to make resolutions that are supposed to last all year long and beyond....
Rahul always been a health enthusiast, but a stream of events in his life made him put on a...
Weight loss routines or any fitness regimes can get boring, but don't give up yet. Get...