If you are in a hurry, then whipping up a few eggs and preparing a healthy egg curry recipe is the way to go. All in all, this dish takes only 15 minutes to make and works well with other healthy dishes like brown rice or a vegetable mix with yoghurt. We will be using tomato in the egg curry recipe, but you can go ahead and use a pureed mixture of any green leafy vegetable, such as spinach. So, what are we waiting for... let's begin!
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomato (pureed)
- 1 onion
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Red chili powder to taste
- 3/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt – As per taste
- Take a few boiled eggs and remove shells. Now cut into cubes and set aside.
- Now, chop onion, ginger and green chillies.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a kadhai and add onion and garlic paste.
- Now add spices to the mixture, such as salt, turmeric and chilli powder, along with garam masala.
- Sauté this mixture and add tomato puree to it.
- Now, add the boiled eggs that you had set aside earlier. Stir till the eggs are well soaked in the curry.
- Leave it to simmer for at least 10 minutes, stirring it occassionally. Your tomato egg curry dish is ready!
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
Weight loss becomes a herculean task when you have a small baby in your hands and pounds on...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Vegetable Kati Roll is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with whole wheat rotis and mixed...
Summer brings with it a plethora of problems – skin, hair and health problems like...
Women generally know how to make their men happy, but do you know there are erogenous zones...