This delicious cheesecake has the goodness of real foods like nuts and honey and none of that processed flour and sugar. Though not a typically sweet dessert this cheesecake tastes delightfully fresh when served with fresh fruit compote.
Nutrition - 1 slice (1/8 of cheesecake) 9 g of carb, 11g of protein and 43 g of fat.
To make 8 generous (or 12 smaller) pieces you will need the following ingredients...
3 teaspoons of (cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg/cloves/all spice in any combination according to taste)
2 eggs, separated
300 g ricotta cheese
200 g soft cream cheese
3 dessertspoons of liquid honey
1 lemon, rind and juice
1 orange, rind and juice
- Melt the butter and then gradually add the spices and ground almonds to form a 'crumb/thick paste'.
- Pour into a lined greased tin (10 x 8 inch) and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture evenly to form a base.
- Place in oven at 130 deg C for about 5-10 minutes to 'dry off'. Don't allow it to brown at all. Remove from oven.
- Mix egg yolks, cheeses, honey and the rind and juice of the lemon and orange. Separately whisk the egg whites until firm and then fold them into the cheese mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture onto the crumb base and bake in the oven at 130 deg C for around 20 - 25 mins until golden and set.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into portions.
Health Star Of The Week
For 24-year-old Ankit his a genetic problem, Hypothyroidism that was playing a spoiler by...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Eggs can be prepared by several methods, but the trick is to not over cook it. Anjali Shah...
High uric acid levels in the blood stream can lead to a common form of arthritis called...
Oral sex means sexual actions regarding the stimulation of the genitals by the use of the...