Healthy Dessert Recipe: Real Food Cheesecake
This delicious cheesecake has the goodness of real foods like nuts and honey and none of that processed flour and sugar. Though not a typically sweet dessert this cheesecake tastes delightfully fresh when served with fresh fruit compote.
To make 8 generous (or 12 smaller) pieces you will need the following ingredients...
3 teaspoons of (cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg/cloves/all spice in any combination according to taste)
2 eggs, separated
300 g ricotta cheese
200 g soft cream cheese
3 dessertspoons of liquid honey
1 lemon, rind and juice
1 orange, rind and juice
- Melt the butter and then gradually add the spices and ground almonds to form a 'crumb/thick paste'.
- Pour into a lined greased tin (10 x 8 inch) and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture evenly to form a base.
- Place in oven at 130 deg C for about 5-10 minutes to 'dry off'. Don't allow it to brown at all. Remove from oven.
- Mix egg yolks, cheeses, honey and the rind and juice of the lemon and orange. Separately whisk the egg whites until firm and then fold them into the cheese mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture onto the crumb base and bake in the oven at 130 deg C for around 20 - 25 mins until golden and set.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into portions.
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...