Healthy Breakfast Recipe for Diabetics: Healthy Moong Idlis
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Thus, when you are a diabetic patient preparing a breakfast everyday can be challengin, if you are a big fan of south Indian dishes like idlis and dosas. Fret not! Our expert Saritha Rajiv - Dietitian and Nutritionist, Director at Nutrifull, shares a perfectly suitable idli recipe for all those you have sugar problem.
• Parboiled rice- 1/2 cup
• Poha- ½ cup
• Whole Green Moong- 1 cup
• Sprouted methi seeds- 2 tsp or methi seeds- 1 tsp
• Grated Carrot- ¼ cup
• Finely chopped cabbage- ¼ cup
• Chopped coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
• Chopped green chillies- 1 tbsp
• Salt to taste
1. Soak rice and dal overnight. Sprinkle enough water on poha to soften it. Grind together with sprouted methi seeds.
2. Allow to ferment by keeping aside overnight. Smear a little oil on idli moulds.
3. Mix in the grated carrots, cabbage, green chillies and coriander leaves.
4. Add enough salt and mix well. Pour on to the greased idli moulds.
5. Steam cook for 7-8 minutes or until done. Serve hot with sambar and mint or tomato chutney
Healthy eating is not just a matter replacing junk food with nutrient rich food. Healthy...
We come across toxic products several times in our daily lives, and use them without a...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...