A hearty American dessert, muffins are not new to Indian taste buds. This muffins recipe calls for healthy bran. Bran are great for dietary fiber, protein and other essential nutrients. Many of the cereal’s nutrients are in the covering or the bran. If that is removed during the milling processes much of the nutrients are destroyed. So, today we have a high protein, high fiber muffin recipe, which uses at-home fresh ingredients. Any neighbourhood store will be able to sell you bran.
• 1 cup of wheat bran
• 1 cup of oat bran
• 2 eggs
• ½ a cup of dry milk powder
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
• ½ tablespoon of baking powder
• Generous amount of honey
• ½ a cup of apple sauce (just dry skinless apples in water and let them boil together for a few minutes and your applesauce is ready!)
• 1 tablespoon of dalchini
• 1/4th tablespoon of ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Now take a muffin tray and line cups on the tray.
3. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together and keep it aside for a while.
4. Now, in a different bowl whisk together vanilla essence, eggs and apple sauce. Whisk it well for 2 to 5 minutes along with the dry ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed together and there are no lumps seen.
5. Now pour the mixture into the muffin tray and bake for 30 to 25 minutes.
6. There you have your healthy bran muffins ready to be served hot!
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
Weight loss becomes a herculean task when you have a small baby in your hands and pounds on...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...