Diabetic Snack: Celery Garlic Toast
A delicious twist on the traditional garlic bread, celery garlic toast is a good snack for diabetics. Celery is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre, rich in Vitamins A, C and iron, while garlic is good for the heart. Try making this simple and appetising recipe when you're in the mood for a quick snack.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
• 4 whole wheat bread slices
For the celery garlic spread:
• 1/4 cup chopped celery
• 2 tsp roughly chopped garlic
• 1 tsp low-fat butter
• Salt to taste
• Combine all the ingredients for the spread and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using water.
• Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
• Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply 1 portion of celery garlic spread evenly on each bread slice.
• Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 15 minutes or till the toasts are evenly crisp.
• Cut each toast into 2 pieces diagonally and serve immediately.
*Recipe Courtesy: Celery Garlic Toast, Tarladalal.com
*Image Courtesy: Thinkstock/Getty Images
For More: Healthy Snacks
The 2015 Academy Awards witnessed some of the fittest Hollywood celebrities who dazzled on...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
Welcome to the vegetarian world! Vegetarians are frequently misunderstood as unconventional...