Diabetic Snack: Celery Garlic Toast
A delicious twist on the traditional garlic bread, celery garlic toast is a good snack for diabetics. Celery is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre, rich in Vitamins A, C and iron, while garlic is good for the heart. Try making this simple and appetising recipe when you're in the mood for a quick snack.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
• 4 whole wheat bread slices
For the celery garlic spread:
• 1/4 cup chopped celery
• 2 tsp roughly chopped garlic
• 1 tsp low-fat butter
• Salt to taste
• Combine all the ingredients for the spread and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using water.
• Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
• Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply 1 portion of celery garlic spread evenly on each bread slice.
• Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 15 minutes or till the toasts are evenly crisp.
• Cut each toast into 2 pieces diagonally and serve immediately.
*Recipe Courtesy: Celery Garlic Toast, Tarladalal.com
*Image Courtesy: Thinkstock/Getty Images
For More: Healthy Snacks
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...