Coconut Fish Curry and Brown Rice
This one meal of coconut fish curry and brown rice, can give you a hearty, wholesome, and complete Indian dinner, in terms on nutrition and taste. The combination of fish for your protein fix, brown rice for your carbs need, and coconut in the curry, which takes care of your requirement for healthy fats, is a winning combination that cannot be replaced. Eat this piping hot while it pours down outside and enjoy!
- 500 ml water
- 190 g uncooked brown rice
- 1tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 g cod fillets, cut into chunks,
- 1 1.2 tbsp curry powder
- 2tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 g coconut milk
- your favourite veggies chopped up (one bowl)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Bring the water and rice to the boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Mix in cod, and season with curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour in the coconut milk, and mix in vegetables. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and cod is easily flaked with a fork.
- Drain 125ml liquid from the pan into a bowl, and mix with cornflour. Stir back into pan to thicken sauce. Serve over the cooked rice.
Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...