Personal Care: Feminine Hygiene Tips to Prevent Infection
Vaginal infection is a common problem among women. Dryness, itchiness and irritation are the most prominent discomfort experienced by women. So, incorporate these tips in your daily life to prevent vaginal infection.
1) During menstruation, it is advisable to wash the vaginal region to prevent odour associated with menstruation.
2) The skin around the vaginal area is delicate, so it is prone to scarring if you scrub vigorously.
3) Gently wash your intimate area to avoid tearing or scratching it, as this could cause an infection.
4) During the rains, it is recommended to change your underwear, especially if you are drenched from head-to-toe. Wearing a wet inner garment will increase your chances of developing bacteria.
5) For hot and humid climate or during the rainy season, cotton underwear is good for the skin and leaves room for circulation.
6) Always keep the vaginal region dry to prevent the growth of bacteria.
7) Drink plenty of water to flush out the infection.
8) Where public toilets are concerned, including schools, colleges and offices, wipe the toilet seat to prevent contracting an infection.
9) Always wash your hands after visiting the toilet.
10) Avoid using strong soaps to wash your intimate area.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Hollywood celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza lets us in on some of her A-List client's...
Available only in winter, Indian gooseberries, or amla as they are known in Hindi, have...
You probably started growing a moustache this month with the vague intention of...