Personal Care: Feminine Hygiene Tips to Prevent Infection
Vaginal infection is a common problem among women. Dryness, itchiness and irritation are the most prominent discomfort experienced by women. So, incorporate these tips in your daily life to prevent vaginal infection.
1) During menstruation, it is advisable to wash the vaginal region to prevent odour associated with menstruation.
2) The skin around the vaginal area is delicate, so it is prone to scarring if you scrub vigorously.
3) Gently wash your intimate area to avoid tearing or scratching it, as this could cause an infection.
4) During the rains, it is recommended to change your underwear, especially if you are drenched from head-to-toe. Wearing a wet inner garment will increase your chances of developing bacteria.
5) For hot and humid climate or during the rainy season, cotton underwear is good for the skin and leaves room for circulation.
6) Always keep the vaginal region dry to prevent the growth of bacteria.
7) Drink plenty of water to flush out the infection.
8) Where public toilets are concerned, including schools, colleges and offices, wipe the toilet seat to prevent contracting an infection.
9) Always wash your hands after visiting the toilet.
10) Avoid using strong soaps to wash your intimate area.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
Nidhi, thought that being tall helped her look slim, so she didn't pay any attention...
If women are coy about sex, men are coy about skincare treatments. Men also face skin...