How Daily Meditation can Improve Your Health
Most often than not, we take for granted this simple and important ancient technique of meditation and how it can improve your health. Since stress is the major cause of 21st century lifestyle diseases, the age-old technique of meditation comes to your rescue. Here is how you can meditate and also find out the health benefits of meditation.
Health Benefits of Meditation:
Stress: Meditation can help prevent stress and slowly release pent up stress.
Sensory organs: Meditation opens up your senses and makes your five senses receptive.
Reduce anger: While reducing stress, meditation also reduces anger.
Make better decision: With daily meditation, you have a calm approach and sharpened alertness and you are now better equipped to make better decisions.
Sense of completeness: With reduced anger, low stress levels and increased capacity at work, you will feel you can complete a lot more in your day. With a clear mind, you can think of ways objectively.
Happiness: All these positive traits will only heighten your sense of happiness. Daily meditation ensures to fight stress and control rage hence releases happiness hormones.
Sleep: Relaxation from daily meditation helps you fall asleep quickly and naturally. Since your mind is clear of worried thoughts you can easily fall asleep, peacefully.
- Letting go of the anger from the past
- Letting go of the events of the past
- Letting go of all the planning for the future
- Accepting this moment
- Living every moment totally - with depth
Meditation Technique for Beginners:
1) Find a quiet and isolated place away from distractions.
2) Sit crossed legged on the floor and relax your hands on your knees.
3) Gently close your eyes and inhale slowly (short breathes). But you need to inhale from your nose and exhale from your mouth.
4) Slowly increase the capacity of oxygen; this will help rejuvenate the lungs.
5) Pay attention to every breathe you take.
6) You can also play slow instrumental music to help you focus and calm our senses.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Art of Living
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...