Home Remedies For Beautiful Hair
Your hair can say a lot about your physical and mental health. However, maintaining a good crop of healthy hair on one’s head is not an easy task, given the stress levels, size-zero guided diets, hormonal changes, usage of too many styling products and other such factors. Similar to skin, hair care involves cleansing, conditioning and strengthening. This can be achieved by adopting these simple hair care home remedies.
1. The most effective homemade shampoo is a mixture of reetha, shikakai and amla. Soak overnight in equal amounts, in approximately 1 litre of water. The next day, boil the mixture slowly until it is reduced to half. Cool and strain.
2. Tea Tree Oil is known to be very effective for treating head lice. Parents of little kids can use this shampoo as an alternative to harsh chemical shampoos. Tea Tree Oil also helps unblock clogged hair follicles moisturizes hair and keeps the scalp free of bacteria and fungal problems. A mild solution of Tea Tree Oil and natural shampoo also helps cradle cap in infants.
3. Chamomile is an excellent tonic for hair. Use it as a rinse after shampooing to restore shine and bring out your hair’s natural highlights.
1. Massage half a cup of mayonnaise into unwashed hair and cover it with a plastic bag and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse a few times before shampooing.
2. People with dry hair should massage rosewater on the scalp, as this is very helpful in treating dry hair. Mix olive oil and honey with a ripe papaya and apply this to your hair. Shampoo after an hour.
3. Oily haired people can use a mixture of multani mitti, amla, reetha andshikakai. Shampoo hair after 40 minutes.
4. Peppermint oil is very useful for hair care as it has a cooling effect on the head, and removes dandruff and lice. It can also be used to condition the hair. Peppermint Oil also regulates and normalises oily hair. It is an astringent so it helps treat oily scalps.
5. A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves applied over the scalp regularly before a bath helps hair grow, preserves its natural colour, keeps hair silky and also cures dandruff.
1. Bananas contain rich minerals and other nutrients that promote hair recovery and rehabilitation. A banana mask is perfectly suited for dry, dyed hair and for permed hair.
2. Lettuce juice is very effective in resolving the symptoms of hair loss.
4. Lavender stimulates hair growth, balances oil production and replenishes the hair and scalp.
5. Curd is a conditioner and a cleansing agent.
6. Cedarwood is a great medium to get oxygen into the hair follicles and stimulate growth.
* Data courtesy Dr. Apoorva Shah, India's Leading Trichologist
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...