Food Basics: Use Cloves for Good Health
Cloves are a very common spice, which is widely used in Indian cooking. It is renowned for its rich aroma and flavour. Cloves also have great purification and protection properties in them. Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain, Certified Holistic Nutrition Therapist, SNHS , UK. Certified Health Coach, IIN, US, tells us how this this tiny spice can boost our overall health.
• Consuming a couple of cloves can help to cleanse your body from harmful toxins and microbes. This will help to boost your health.
• Cloves also help to protect the damage caused to your body's cells by microbes, and help to stimulate energy in every part of your body.
• Cloves can also help give you quick relief from toothache. Just place a piece of clove on the affected area, and gain instant relief.
• The presence of eugenol, in cloves gives it a lovely aroma and helps in numbing dental pain and clearing out bacteria in the mouth.
• You can also use cloves as a mosquito repellent. Clove can effectively help to ward off mosquitoes.
• Cloves also have great anti-inflammatory properties. Use cloves to treat inflammation and infections.
• If you are troubled with digestion problems, chew on a couple of cloves.
• Cloves also aid with cardiac and diabetes health.
• Due to its purification properties, cloves help in purifying your blood.
• Just add cloves to your diet in the form of curries, soups and main dishes to gain maximum benefits.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Read More On: Food Basics
If you’ve ever admired Hrithik Roshan or John Abraham’s physique, you have Kris Gethin...
Anurag was a pampered boy who weighed 117 kilos when he was just 22 years old. While the...
For hundreds of years, the only type of milk humans had to drink was animal milk that came...