What's Your Fitness Personality?
Image Courtesy Reuters
Tried the gym route and failed miserably? Found the fitness studio’s bright lights, closed windows and air conditioning stifling? Are you a loner, a student, a social butterfly, a sport buff? Do you find group dynamics engaging and motivating? Or are you someone who likes to workout alone, away from noisy and intrusive gyms? Once you clue into what your fitness personality is, you’ll be able to map out a new fitness routine for yourself. And before you know it, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your health goals. So here’s looking at what your fitness personality is and how it can help improve your workouts…
1. The Private Person: With work and commuting becoming more about bumper to bumper chaos, some people like their private space. Enter – the need to enjoy certain things by yourself, especially a peaceful workout.
The Workout: Home workouts, mixed with cardio activities like running and swimming.
The Key Ingredient: Self-motivation If you simply want privacy, and are unable to self-motivate, then doing some time in one of the options below is a better idea.
2. The Student: Some of us never grow out of school, which is an excellent thing for health and fitness. Not everyone likes to follow instruction every day, especially not after a long workday spent doing just that. So, if it comes naturally to you, don’t waste time with loosely structured workout routines, sign up for a fitness studio’s class workouts.
The Workout: The sky’s the limit – bootcamp, kickboxing, spinning, anything that involves one or more instructors, and a group of ‘fitness’ students.
The Key Ingredient: Attendance If you skip class, you’ll fall behind in learning and performance, and ultimately your fitness goals.
3. The End Game Enthusiast: If you can focus on the bigger picture, and swallow a bitter pill for a better future, then you’re an end game enthusiast; someone who believes in doing what must be done. Keeping the end goal in mind is key to such a fitness personality.
The Workout: The gym – strength training mixed with cardio.
The Key Ingredient: A good fitness instructor Make sure you get a good workout from an instructor who understands that every body is unique and has different fitness requirements.
4. The Socialiser: If you like a buzz in the air, interacting with people from different backgrounds, socialising while working out, then this is your fitness personality. And there’s lot you can do to let it become a big part of your workout.
The Workout: Dance workouts in styles like street jazz, salsa, tango, krumping, etc.
The Key Ingredient: Attendance & equipment Most dance styles call for specific shoes, which you cannot compromise on. Also, since each class is about learning a routine and practising it – attendance is quite important.
5. The Sports Buff: Were you a sports enthusiast in school? Do you still crave the sports fields, and competitive spirit? For the sports buff fitness personality, no class workouts, home workouts, gym workouts, or dance workouts will ever be interesting enough.
The Workout: Sports as exercise – anything from football to cricket, tennis, squash, or volleball.
The Key Ingredients: Finding a sports partner or team Most of us who love playing sports for exercise often get stuck when it comes to finding people to play with. So when you find a tennis partner or a basketball team, do not let them go.
Be the next Femina Miss India 2014. Registrations open now! Click here to apply
Health Star Of The Week
22-year-old Ajith was stunned when a little kid referred to him as ‘uncle.' This...
Stress can cause emotional eating, which leads to unhealthy weight gain. But eating the...
Premature ejaculation can get you down and ruin your sex life. Learn to delay ejaculation...