Shirshasana: Yoga Posture to Improve Brain Functioning
posture we have to balance the body on our head, with the legs up in the air. This asana continues to be the favourite posture of yogis and many eminent personalities”. He points out several health benefits associated with Shirshasana, such as:
1) Shirshasana improves the functions of the brain, brain centres and sensory organs.
2) This yoga pose influences and improves the nervous system and endocrine system.
3) It also helps overcome issues like fatigue, excessive sleep, heaviness of head, weak memory etc.
4) The pituitary, thyroid and para-thyroid glands gets good blood supply, which improves their functioning.
5) Improves memory
6) Shirshasana also prevents premature greying or falling of hair.
He adds that this yoga pose needs a well developed body to help one stand on one's head. “Shirshasana is an advanced pose, which should be performed under expert guidance. It also needs a strong core,” explains Rajesh.
Rajesh Sharma also lists out some ground rules. Shirshasana should not be practiced by the following people:
1) Those with neck, back or waist injuries and those suffering from spondylitis, spondylolysis, etc.
2) Problem with the spine.
3) Avoid Shirshasana if you are suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease and breathing problems.
4) Do not do Shirshasana if you have retinal issues, weak eyes and capillaries, blocked nostrils and inflammation anywhere in the upper body.
FOR MORE: Yoga
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Losing weight has always been considered a simple matter of counting calories - the amount...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...