Think Before You Go Bare Down There!
Over the last 20 years, de-fuzzing the nether regions has become a rage the world over. From French to Brazilian waxing, there are different ways to take care of unkempt pubic hair, which - apart from deemed aesthetics - is considered desirable for donning swim-suits come beach season. Beachwear grooming usually involves a trip to the parlour next door for a routine waxing session, which nowadays includes the earlier mentioned famous Brazillian wax.
Though this form of hair removal might feel and look great, it is not without its downside. Apart from the excruciating pain that not all can handle, it is important for you to know the potential dangers, before opting for this beauty treatment.
Some of the most common side effects of the Brazilian wax are, yeast or bacterial infections. If the tool used for waxing is not sanitized, rare instances of sexually transmitted disease like herpes can also occur. In addition, there can be irritation, inflammation, and swelling, if you wear tight, friction-causing clothing soon after waxing. Wax temperature can cause chemical burns or bleeding.
To avoid these dangers, you must follow certain precautions:
- Avoid Brazilian waxing just before your menstrual cycle. Your pain threshold is particularly low in the few days before your cycle.
- Wear cotton inner-wear and loose clothing otherwise, as well.
- Ensure that the parlour you visit maintains proper hygeine and that the person waxing you has clean hands and no infections.
- Do a touch test to check the wax temperature. Ensure that you can tolerate it by checking this on sensitive body areas like the inside of your arms/thighs.
- Make sure that the wax strips are brand new and that there's a first aid kit with cotton and antiseptic close at hand.
- Once the waxing is over, wipe yourself with a clean disinfected strip/cloth/knapkin, dry yourself and wear the cotton inner-wear and loose clothing.
- Shower immediately after, pat yourself dry and wear loose clothing for at least the next 24 hours.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...