Starter: Antioxidant salad
1 medium head Broccoli
1 small zucchini
1 small purple cabbage
3 to 4 lettuce leaves
1 clove fresh garlic
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Wash all the raw ingredients well and keep in a colander to drain.
- Spin the salad leaves to remove the excess moisture and place them in a salad bowl.
- Break the broccoli florets into 2 inch sized pieces, place them in the pan of hot water (do not boil them just place them in a pan of just boiled water).
- Do not peel the zucchini. Cut it lengthwise, then into 2 inch sized pieces and place in the same pan as the broccoli.
- Cut the purple cabbage into 2 inch sized pieces.
- In a hot pan, lightly roast the flax seeds (unroasted are also great).
Crush the garlic clove. Add the lemon juice into a small bowl, add the garlic, salt and pepper. Let it steep.
Assembling the salad:
Drain the broccoli and zucchini and place on top of the salad leaves. Add the cabbage. Now pour the dressing over this and toss gently till all the ingredients are coated with the dressing. Add the flax and sunflower seeds and enjoy your healthy antioxidant salad!
Health Star Of The Week
A hefty Ganesh found it difficult to walk around or cycle in the chemical plant where he...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...