Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Colocasia Leaves (Arbi ke patte)
Different parts of India embibe colocasia leaves in their traditional cooking in unique ways. Not a new green, but needs more demand when in season. Second best source of β-carotene (surpasses the RDA manifold), excellent in vitamin K, being a green. Meets ½ the RDA for calcium, 1/3 of that of iron, ¼ of the vitamin C. Also provides good amount of folate.
Arbi wale Chole – (serves 4, 65 kcals/serving)
- ½ cup chole (soaked overnight)
- 4 tender colocasia leaves with stems, chopped
- 4 tsp coriander-cumin seeds powder
- ¼ tsp tamarind extract
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 red chilies, slit
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pressure-cook chana and colocasia leaves separately in cooker.
- Heat a little oil, splutter coriander-cumin seed powder and grind these with red chilies, tamarind into a paste.
- Add chole, colocasia leaves and salt to the above mixture. Cook for 7-8 minutes till the mixture boils well.
- Heat a little oil and splutter mustard seeds. Then, add asafoetida, bay leaf. Pour this seasoning over the chole, colocasia mixture.
- Serve hot with chapattis or rice.
Your alarm didn’t go off, you woke up late and now you’re running late for work -...
For better or for worse, things will change. The decisions you make today will reflect on...
Street jazz is a modern-day dance style that stems from other dance forms like hip-hop,...