Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Go unnoticed for a majority of us! When given attention; cauliflower greens pamper us with more than what we require of calcium, iron (richest of all greens), β-carotene, Vitamin K to name a few! Encompasses almost all vitamins from Vitamin B complex! What more can one want?
Gobhi Patra – (serves 4, 80 kcals/serving)
- 6-7 cauliflower leaves
- 60 g Besan
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 tsp tamarind + 2 tsp jaggery for chutney
- 1 tsp coriander seed powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the cauliflower leaves and keep aside.
- Combine the green chilies and ginger and blend in a mixer till smooth and keep aside.
- Sieve the besan and set aside.
- Combine the besan, and the tamarind pulp and mix well and add water to make a smooth thick batter.
- Add the salt and spices and mix well.
- Take one cauliflower leaf and place it on the opposite side.
- Spread the batter evenly on the leaf and put another leaf on top of it and spread more batter.
- Fold from both sides and roll tightly. Tie with a thread throughout the length of the roll.
- Repeat the method for the rest of the leaves.
- Steam for one hour in a steamer or in a water bath and keep aside to cool.
- Slice the roll and keep aside,
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add the patra slices and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...