Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Go unnoticed for a majority of us! When given attention; cauliflower greens pamper us with more than what we require of calcium, iron (richest of all greens), β-carotene, Vitamin K to name a few! Encompasses almost all vitamins from Vitamin B complex! What more can one want?
Gobhi Patra – (serves 4, 80 kcals/serving)
- 6-7 cauliflower leaves
- 60 g Besan
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 tsp tamarind + 2 tsp jaggery for chutney
- 1 tsp coriander seed powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the cauliflower leaves and keep aside.
- Combine the green chilies and ginger and blend in a mixer till smooth and keep aside.
- Sieve the besan and set aside.
- Combine the besan, and the tamarind pulp and mix well and add water to make a smooth thick batter.
- Add the salt and spices and mix well.
- Take one cauliflower leaf and place it on the opposite side.
- Spread the batter evenly on the leaf and put another leaf on top of it and spread more batter.
- Fold from both sides and roll tightly. Tie with a thread throughout the length of the roll.
- Repeat the method for the rest of the leaves.
- Steam for one hour in a steamer or in a water bath and keep aside to cool.
- Slice the roll and keep aside,
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add the patra slices and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.