Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Turnip Greens (Shalgam ke patte)
Topping the list of the most and the more – surpasses the Indian population’s RDA for Calcium, β-carotene (precursor of Vitamin A), Vitamin K, Vitamin C; almost meets the RDA for Iron, also a good source of folate. However, somehow these greens have lost the popularity vote with new generations.
Shalgam ke patte ka salad – (serves 4, 25 kcals/serving)
- 2 cups turnip greens, shredded
- 1 cup mixed greens (lettuce, spinach, spring onion), shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- For dressing –
- Lemon juice, as per taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add lemon juice for dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...