Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Turnip Greens (Shalgam ke patte)
Topping the list of the most and the more – surpasses the Indian population’s RDA for Calcium, β-carotene (precursor of Vitamin A), Vitamin K, Vitamin C; almost meets the RDA for Iron, also a good source of folate. However, somehow these greens have lost the popularity vote with new generations.
Shalgam ke patte ka salad – (serves 4, 25 kcals/serving)
- 2 cups turnip greens, shredded
- 1 cup mixed greens (lettuce, spinach, spring onion), shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- For dressing –
- Lemon juice, as per taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add lemon juice for dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Holi, the festival of colours, is very popular in India. While it is a great way to get...
Anurag was a pampered boy who weighed 117 kilos when he was just 22 years old. While the...
For hundreds of years, the only type of milk humans had to drink was animal milk that came...