Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Turnip Greens (Shalgam ke patte)
Topping the list of the most and the more – surpasses the Indian population’s RDA for Calcium, β-carotene (precursor of Vitamin A), Vitamin K, Vitamin C; almost meets the RDA for Iron, also a good source of folate. However, somehow these greens have lost the popularity vote with new generations.
Shalgam ke patte ka salad – (serves 4, 25 kcals/serving)
- 2 cups turnip greens, shredded
- 1 cup mixed greens (lettuce, spinach, spring onion), shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- For dressing –
- Lemon juice, as per taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add lemon juice for dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...