Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Turnip Greens (Shalgam ke patte)
Topping the list of the most and the more – surpasses the Indian population’s RDA for Calcium, β-carotene (precursor of Vitamin A), Vitamin K, Vitamin C; almost meets the RDA for Iron, also a good source of folate. However, somehow these greens have lost the popularity vote with new generations.
Shalgam ke patte ka salad – (serves 4, 25 kcals/serving)
- 2 cups turnip greens, shredded
- 1 cup mixed greens (lettuce, spinach, spring onion), shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- For dressing –
- Lemon juice, as per taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add lemon juice for dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Health Star Of The Week
Vishal was frustrated with his monotonous life which included being surrounded by books,...
Hormones have a profound effect on the human body. Hormonal imbalances don't just...