Raddish Leaves (Mooli ke patte)
Out-does the RDA for vitamin K and C, and β-carotene. Meets 2/3 requirement of RDA for calcium. Good dietary fiber source. Majorly discarded as waste, so needs a better consideration for the nutritional benefits it offers.
Mooli ke Hare Paranthe – (serves 4, 100 kcals/serving)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup wheat flour (extra for dusting)
- ¼ tsp Whole cumin
- ¼ tsp kalonji
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- Salt and Red chili powder as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Cover and cook spinach in a steamer/ microwave and puree.
- Roast cumin seeds, kalonji and ajwain seeds in a pan over a low flame till the roasted aroma comes, then grind coarsely.
- Add them to the flour along with oil, chilli powder and salt.
- Add warm spinach puree, little at a time and knead well to make firm dough.
- Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium flame. Knead the dough once more and divide into 4 balls.
- Roll the dough balls to make paratha and roast them well on the non-stick pan.
- Serve hot with curd.
Health Star Of The Week
Weight loss becomes a herculean task when you have a small baby in your hands and pounds on...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...