Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Raddish Leaves (Mooli ke patte)
Out-does the RDA for vitamin K and C, and β-carotene. Meets 2/3 requirement of RDA for calcium. Good dietary fiber source. Majorly discarded as waste, so needs a better consideration for the nutritional benefits it offers.
Mooli ke Hare Paranthe – (serves 4, 100 kcals/serving)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup wheat flour (extra for dusting)
- ¼ tsp Whole cumin
- ¼ tsp kalonji
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- Salt and Red chili powder as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Cover and cook spinach in a steamer/ microwave and puree.
- Roast cumin seeds, kalonji and ajwain seeds in a pan over a low flame till the roasted aroma comes, then grind coarsely.
- Add them to the flour along with oil, chilli powder and salt.
- Add warm spinach puree, little at a time and knead well to make firm dough.
- Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium flame. Knead the dough once more and divide into 4 balls.
- Roll the dough balls to make paratha and roast them well on the non-stick pan.
- Serve hot with curd.
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...