Top 10 Indian Greens for Healthy Meals
Dill Leaves (Suva/ Shepu)
The pungent flavor of this makes it less popular, but if used in a judicious way one will find the flavor issues manageable. It more than just meets the RDA when it comes to Vitamin K and β-carotene. It’s an adjuvant in meeting requirements of calcium and iron (almost 50% of RDA), Vitamin C (25% of RDA), folate.
Dillwale Sandwich – (serves 4, 230 kcals/serving)
- 8 Wheat breads
- 1 cup beet, grated
- ½ cup cucumber, grated
- ½ cup dill leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Butter
- Combine all ingredients except butter and bread in a bowl, and keep aside.
- Butter 4 breads, and top it with the sandwich filling.
- Cover the topped breads with the remaining 4.
- Toast/grill and serve hot.