Healthy Vegetarian Diet: 20 Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Healthy Vegetarian Recipe# 1
- 1 medium head Broccoli
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small purple cabbage
- 3 to 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
• Wash all the raw ingredients well and keep in a colander to drain.
• Spin the salad leaves to remove the excess moisture and place them in a salad bowl.
• Break the broccoli florets into 2 inch sized pieces, place them in the pan of hot water (do not boil them just place them in a pan of just boiled water).
• Do not peel the zucchini. Cut it lengthwise, then into 2 inch sized pieces and place in the same pan as the broccoli.
• Cut the purple cabbage into 2 inch sized pieces.
• In a hot pan, lightly roast the flax seeds (unroasted are also great).
Crush the garlic clove. Add the lemon juice into a small bowl, add the garlic, salt and pepper. Let it steep.
Assembling the salad:
Drain the broccoli and zucchini and place on top of the salad leaves. Add the cabbage. Now pour the dressing over this and toss gently till all the ingredients are coated with the dressing. Add the flax and sunflower seeds and enjoy your healthy antioxidant salad!
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...