Healthy Vegetarian Recipe# 11
Okra stir fry
• 1 kilo okra - washed, dried and chopped
• 1 onion - sliced
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 1/2 tablespoon mustard oil
• 1 teaspoon red chili powder
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• Juice of one lime
• Salt to taste
• Add oil, cumin seeds and mustard seeds to a non-stick cooking pan on high heat. Stir till seeds start crackling.
• Add sliced onions to the pan and stir till the onions become slightly transclucent.
• Now add all the spices and salt and mix well.
• After a minute, add the okra and stir well - incorporating all spices with the chopped vegetable. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
• After 5 minutes, you will notice that the okra starts leaving a wet residue. This is the exact time to add the juice of lime - as it seals and deals with it. You will notice the okra's colour will darken and bind.
• Simmer the flame, after adding the lime juice, and cook (uncovered) for another 5-10 minutes. How much longer you cook it for, depends on how crunchy or soft you like your vegetables.
Mix and match: You can add some boiled potatoes with a pinch of dry mango powder to this mix, after the onion stage, to give it more bulk and flavour.
Health Star Of The Week
Weight loss becomes a herculean task when you have a small baby in your hands and pounds on...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Vegetable Kati Roll is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with whole wheat rotis and mixed...
Summer brings with it a plethora of problems – skin, hair and health problems like...
Women generally know how to make their men happy, but do you know there are erogenous zones...