Wound Management: Prevention and Treatment of Dog Bites
What are the best ways to close and clean the wound?
Do’s when cleaning the wound.
- Wash the wound with soap and water for at least 10 mins.
- Apply household antiseptics, Povidone iodine, spirit (alcohol)
- Get vaccinated by your doctor to avoid the risk of Rabies
- Inform your doctor if vaccinated earlier so that vaccine schedule can be altered.
Don’ts when cleaning the wound.
- Do not touch the wound with bare hands
- Do not apply turmeric or chillies to the wound
- Do not apply coffee, lime, soil, oils, herbs, chalks, betel leaves etc to the wound
- Do not cover or bandage the wound or have the wound sutured.
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...