What Is Throat Cancer?
Accoding to cancercenter.com throat cancer includes several different cancers under the head and neck cancers. Laryngeal cancer and Pharyngeal cancer are two of the most common types of throat cancer.
Pharyngeal cancer is broken into three types:
- Nasopharynx cancer ( in the upper part of the throat behind the nose)
- Oropharynx cancer (in the middle part of the throat behind the tongue)
- Hypopharynx cancer (forms in the bottom part of the throat above the food pipe).Laryngeal cancer refers to cancer that forms in the larynx, also known as the voice box.
Laryngeal Cancer Comprises of
- Glottic cancer is the cancer of the vocal chords. Comprises of 59% of throat cancers
- Supraglottic cancer According to Mayoclinic Supraglottic cancer begins in the upper portion of the larynx and includes cancer that affects the epiglottis, which is a piece of cartilage that blocks food from going into your windpipe.Supraglottic Cancer comprise of just 40% of throat cancers.
- Subglottic Cancers: It forms just 1% of throat cancers, most subglottic masses are extension from glottic carcinomas.
*Inputs: Dr Anil Heroor, Oncologist, Fortis Hospital, Mulund
Health Star Of The Week
39 year old Ravi Wadhawan weighed a quintal for almost ten years, until his best friend...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Eggs can be prepared by several methods, but the trick is to not over cook it. Anjali Shah...
High uric acid levels in the blood stream can lead to a common form of arthritis called...
Oral sex means sexual actions regarding the stimulation of the genitals by the use of the...