Monsoon Health Guide: Understanding Mosquito-Borne Diseases
Avoiding mosquito bites is the first, and most obvious, method to avoid mosquito-borne diseases: Some other practical ways are:
- Optimal prevention of diseases is a must. First and foremost, make sure that you limit outside activity at dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are the most active.
- Use insect sprays indoors, soon after the sun sets.
- Bed nets are a must in the monsoon. For added protection, soak them in insecticide before use.
- Make sure there are no unscreened entry points in your house.
- Protective clothing, i.e., long-sleeved shirts and pants is a must, in order to protect yourself from the poisonous mosquito bite.
- Using a mosquito net decreases the risk of coming in contact with
- If traveling to even more mosquito infested areas, for instance monsoon treks or towns with poor sanitation, then ensure that there is no epidemic at play in these locations.
Health Star Of The Week
Vishal was frustrated with his monotonous life which included being surrounded by books,...
Pain in the testicles may be due to a minor injury or some other serious illness. Many...