Monsoon Health Guide: Understanding Mosquito-Borne Diseases
Avoiding mosquito bites is the first, and most obvious, method to avoid mosquito-borne diseases: Some other practical ways are:
- Optimal prevention of diseases is a must. First and foremost, make sure that you limit outside activity at dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are the most active.
- Use insect sprays indoors, soon after the sun sets.
- Bed nets are a must in the monsoon. For added protection, soak them in insecticide before use.
- Make sure there are no unscreened entry points in your house.
- Protective clothing, i.e., long-sleeved shirts and pants is a must, in order to protect yourself from the poisonous mosquito bite.
- Using a mosquito net decreases the risk of coming in contact with
- If traveling to even more mosquito infested areas, for instance monsoon treks or towns with poor sanitation, then ensure that there is no epidemic at play in these locations.
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...