Improve Your Life By Building Self-Efficacy
Test your self- efficacy
Below is a 10-item psychometric scale that is designed to assess optimistic self-beliefs to cope with a variety of difficult demands in life. The scale (GSE) has been originally developed in German by Matthias Jerusalem and Ralf Schwarzer in 1981.
Answer the questions below by rating 1, 2, 3, or 4 for each of the 10. 1 being Disgree strongly and 4 being Agree strongly. The higher your rating the greater is your perceived self-efficacy level.
1. I can always manage to solve difficult problems if I try hard enough.
2. If someone opposes me, I can find the means and ways to get what I want.
3. It is easy for me to stick to my aims and accomplish my goals.
4. I am confident that I could deal efficiently with unexpected events.
5. to my resourcefulness, I know how to handle unforeseen situations.
6. I can solve most problems if I invest the necessary effort.
7. I can remain calm when facing difficulties because I can rely on my coping abilities.
8. When I am confronted with a problem, I can usually find several solutions.
9. If I am in trouble, I can usually think of a solution.
10. I can usually handle whatever comes my way.
If you answered mostly 3s and 4’s (Strongly Agree) then you will have a higher score. The good news, for those of you who scored low, is that you can start raising your self-efficacy score immediately and in fact just doing this test would have shone some light on what was previously transparent to you.
In my work as a life coach, we use “breaks-in-transparencies” to shed light on the areas that we were not aware of and then using the BEL (Body, Emotion and Language) model help to inspire new results. Read on to improve your self efficacy immedialty!
When it comes to fish, most people tend to either love it or hate it. If you already love...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...