Snake bites can be life-threatening if the snake is poisonous.
If you are bitten, remember the color and shape of the snake. This information will help medical providers treat you. If you are walking in high water, and you are not sure you have been bitten by a snake, look for a pair of puncture marks at the wound and for redness and swelling, as well as severe pain.
- Call your local emergency number immediately.
- Cleanse the wound, but do not try to cut around the fang marks and suck out the venom. People who do this often do more damage than good.
- Immobilize the bitten area and keep it at the same level as the heart. Do not try to apply a tourniquet.
- It's important for the victim to remain calm and move as little as possible. That will help prevent the spread of the poison through the body.
- Do not apply ice or flush the wound with water.
Health Star Of The Week
A hefty Ganesh found it difficult to walk around or cycle in the chemical plant where he...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...