Diabetes: 20 Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Diabetics
Diabetes: Lifestyle Tip for Diabetics #18
Steps to Healthy Feet
- Wash your feet in lukewarm water every day.
- Look at your feet every day to check for cuts, sores, blisters, redness, calluses or other problems. If you cannot, ask someone in the family to examine your feet every day.
- Moisturize your feet after you wash and dry them- at least twice daily.
- Cut your toenails once a week or when needed.
- Always wear socks or stockings to avoid blisters.
- Always wear slippers or shoes to protect your feet from injuries. Never ever walk barefoot.
- Wear shoes that fit well as per your feet size by length and width.
- Before putting your shoes on, feel the insides to make sure they have no sharp edges or objects that might injure your feet.
- Shoes should be properly measured (by length and width) to be comfortable and easy to put on and allow your toes to move freely at the time of purchase.
- Maintain your blood sugar levels through diet, exercise and medication. Quit smoking and exercise regularly.
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...