Causes and Treatment of Chronic Shoulder Pain Explained
First aid treatment for shoulder pain.
- It is a must to seek immediate medical attention, if the pain is from a severe blow or injury, and neck pain is radiating down to the arms and legs. One must also go to the doctor if the person has a stiff shoulder accompanie with fever, vomiting and sensitivity to light.
- If the shoulder is frozen, one should apply ice at least 4 to 8 times in a day.
- Make sure you use pillows and keep the shoulder in an elevated position, which will help in reduction of pain and swelling.
- Take pain medications, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and go for an X-ray.
- The affected shoulder should be used bare minimum for a day or two. Gradually resume your normal activities.
- One might require surgery to resolve the shoulder problems; however, 90 percent of patients with shoulder pain will respond to the simple treatment methods mentioned above.
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...