Causes and Treatment of Chronic Shoulder Pain Explained
First aid treatment for shoulder pain.
- It is a must to seek immediate medical attention, if the pain is from a severe blow or injury, and neck pain is radiating down to the arms and legs. One must also go to the doctor if the person has a stiff shoulder accompanie with fever, vomiting and sensitivity to light.
- If the shoulder is frozen, one should apply ice at least 4 to 8 times in a day.
- Make sure you use pillows and keep the shoulder in an elevated position, which will help in reduction of pain and swelling.
- Take pain medications, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and go for an X-ray.
- The affected shoulder should be used bare minimum for a day or two. Gradually resume your normal activities.
- One might require surgery to resolve the shoulder problems; however, 90 percent of patients with shoulder pain will respond to the simple treatment methods mentioned above.
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...