Causes and Treatment of Chronic Shoulder Pain Explained
First aid treatment for shoulder pain.
- It is a must to seek immediate medical attention, if the pain is from a severe blow or injury, and neck pain is radiating down to the arms and legs. One must also go to the doctor if the person has a stiff shoulder accompanie with fever, vomiting and sensitivity to light.
- If the shoulder is frozen, one should apply ice at least 4 to 8 times in a day.
- Make sure you use pillows and keep the shoulder in an elevated position, which will help in reduction of pain and swelling.
- Take pain medications, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and go for an X-ray.
- The affected shoulder should be used bare minimum for a day or two. Gradually resume your normal activities.
- One might require surgery to resolve the shoulder problems; however, 90 percent of patients with shoulder pain will respond to the simple treatment methods mentioned above.
Hollywood celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza lets us in on some of her A-List client's...
Available only in winter, Indian gooseberries, or amla as they are known in Hindi, have...
You probably started growing a moustache this month with the vague intention of...