Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipes
Flaxseed Crusted Salmon / tofu
- 4 salmon fillets / 4 small slabs of tofu
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (parsley, basil, oregano)
- ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Mix the ground flaxseed, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs with herbs in a dish. Place the fillets / tofu on this, coat all sides evenly, pressing gently.
- Place the crusted fillets on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until you can flake the fish with a fork. In case of tofu, bake for 7-8 minutes. Serve with a salad.
- (very rich in Omega 3 from salmon and flaxseed)
*Recipe Courtesy: Dr Nandita Iyer, Nutritionist & Spokesperson lifes DHA
Health Star Of The Week
Vishal was frustrated with his monotonous life which included being surrounded by books,...
Pain in the testicles may be due to a minor injury or some other serious illness. Many...