Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipes
Flaxseed Crusted Salmon / tofu
- 4 salmon fillets / 4 small slabs of tofu
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (parsley, basil, oregano)
- ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Mix the ground flaxseed, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs with herbs in a dish. Place the fillets / tofu on this, coat all sides evenly, pressing gently.
- Place the crusted fillets on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until you can flake the fish with a fork. In case of tofu, bake for 7-8 minutes. Serve with a salad.
- (very rich in Omega 3 from salmon and flaxseed)
*Recipe Courtesy: Dr Nandita Iyer, Nutritionist & Spokesperson lifes DHA
Healthy eating is not just a matter replacing junk food with nutrient rich food. Healthy...
We come across toxic products several times in our daily lives, and use them without a...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...