Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipes
Flaxseed Crusted Salmon / tofu
- 4 salmon fillets / 4 small slabs of tofu
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (parsley, basil, oregano)
- ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Mix the ground flaxseed, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs with herbs in a dish. Place the fillets / tofu on this, coat all sides evenly, pressing gently.
- Place the crusted fillets on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until you can flake the fish with a fork. In case of tofu, bake for 7-8 minutes. Serve with a salad.
- (very rich in Omega 3 from salmon and flaxseed)
*Recipe Courtesy: Dr Nandita Iyer, Nutritionist & Spokesperson lifes DHA
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...