Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipe
Delicious, time-saving and healthy too, Upma is a much loved breakfast across India. An excellent dish for post-menopausal health, weight loss and packed with vitamins, fibre and minerals, upma is a full meal in itself. You can make it with sooji, rava or oats, with coconut water instead of plain water, or even with olive oil! Here's a simple and healthy Upma recipe that we recommend for heart healthy breakfasts.
- (4 Servings)
- Oats - 2 cups
- Minced ginger- 1/2 tsp
- Yellow gram- 2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 5-7 leaves
- Black gram - 1 tbsp
- Asafetida- a pinch
- Mustard seeds- 1.5 tsp
- Chopped green chilies- 3
- Dried red chilies- 2
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Finely sliced onion- 1
- Coconut water– 5 cups
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a pan on a medium flame and roast the oats for 3 minutes. Make sure you are not using oil while roasting oats. Keep the oats mixture aside.
- Now, in the same pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, green chillies, dry red chillies. Stir fry for sometime till the dal turns light-ish golden brown in colour.
- Now, gently add in finely sliced onions, curry leaves and ginger to the pan. Sauté the mixture, till the time onions are tender. Now add salt and asafoetida.
- Gently pour in coconut water and let it boil for some time.
- In no time, add the roasted oats and keep stirring the mixture well.
- As soon as the oats are thoroughly cooked, remove from pan and serve steaming hot.
The 2015 Academy Awards witnessed some of the fittest Hollywood celebrities who dazzled on...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
Welcome to the vegetarian world! Vegetarians are frequently misunderstood as unconventional...