Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipe
Delicious, time-saving and healthy too, Upma is a much loved breakfast across India. An excellent dish for post-menopausal health, weight loss and packed with vitamins, fibre and minerals, upma is a full meal in itself. You can make it with sooji, rava or oats, with coconut water instead of plain water, or even with olive oil! Here's a simple and healthy Upma recipe that we recommend for heart healthy breakfasts.
- (4 Servings)
- Oats - 2 cups
- Minced ginger- 1/2 tsp
- Yellow gram- 2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 5-7 leaves
- Black gram - 1 tbsp
- Asafetida- a pinch
- Mustard seeds- 1.5 tsp
- Chopped green chilies- 3
- Dried red chilies- 2
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Finely sliced onion- 1
- Coconut water– 5 cups
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a pan on a medium flame and roast the oats for 3 minutes. Make sure you are not using oil while roasting oats. Keep the oats mixture aside.
- Now, in the same pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, green chillies, dry red chillies. Stir fry for sometime till the dal turns light-ish golden brown in colour.
- Now, gently add in finely sliced onions, curry leaves and ginger to the pan. Sauté the mixture, till the time onions are tender. Now add salt and asafoetida.
- Gently pour in coconut water and let it boil for some time.
- In no time, add the roasted oats and keep stirring the mixture well.
- As soon as the oats are thoroughly cooked, remove from pan and serve steaming hot.
When it comes to fish, most people tend to either love it or hate it. If you already love...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...