Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipes
Carrot Sticks With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
- 2 large carrots, cut into sticks
- To roast red bell pepper, lightly brush with olive oil and place on stove top or in a hot oven until the outer skin gets charred. Put this in a brown paper bag until the skin peels off. Remove the charred skins and the seeds. Cut the flesh into strips and keep aside.
For hummus, grind to a puree
- 1 cup well cooked chickpeas (Kabuli chana)
- 1 large roasted bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ tsp salt
- Remove into a shallow bowl and garnish with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and finely chopped parsley.
- (Rich in antioxidants and vitamins from coloured vegetables, rich in protein and fibre from chickpeas, rich in healthy fats from sesame seeds and olive oil)
Every New Year, we tend to make New Year’s resolutions that we swear we are going to...
Your hands can become rough from your daily chores, making them look a lot older than the...
Stevia is a popular sweetener and sugar substitute that is favoured widely as it...