Best Foods for a Healthy Heart
Heart Healthy Recipes
Carrot Sticks With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
- 2 large carrots, cut into sticks
- To roast red bell pepper, lightly brush with olive oil and place on stove top or in a hot oven until the outer skin gets charred. Put this in a brown paper bag until the skin peels off. Remove the charred skins and the seeds. Cut the flesh into strips and keep aside.
For hummus, grind to a puree
- 1 cup well cooked chickpeas (Kabuli chana)
- 1 large roasted bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ tsp salt
- Remove into a shallow bowl and garnish with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and finely chopped parsley.
- (Rich in antioxidants and vitamins from coloured vegetables, rich in protein and fibre from chickpeas, rich in healthy fats from sesame seeds and olive oil)
Garlic, a regular staple in Indian households, is the ultimate superfood. Apart from giving...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...