Senior Health: Nutritional Requirements for Adults
Dietary guidelines for seniors. The dietary guidelines for adults suggest that a person should select a suggested amount from five major food groups each day. The recommended dietary guidelines are as follows:
- Grains: 5-10 ounces (with at least three ounces from whole grains)
- Vegetables: 2 to 3 1/2 cups, with a variety of colors and types
- Fruits: 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese: 3 cups of milk (1 cup of yogurt, 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of cheese, or 2 cups of cottage cheese are equivalent to one cup of milk)
- Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts: 5-7 ounces of lean meat, poultry or fish (1/4 cup of cooked beans or tofu, 1 egg, 1/2 ounce of nuts or seeds, or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter are equivalent to one ounce of meat)
Be the next Femina Miss India 2014. Registrations open now! Click here to apply
Health Star Of The Week
22-year-old Ajith was stunned when a little kid referred to him as ‘uncle.' This...
Stress can cause emotional eating, which leads to unhealthy weight gain. But eating the...
Premature ejaculation can get you down and ruin your sex life. Learn to delay ejaculation...