Senior Health: Nutritional Requirements for Adults
Dietary guidelines for seniors. The dietary guidelines for adults suggest that a person should select a suggested amount from five major food groups each day. The recommended dietary guidelines are as follows:
- Grains: 5-10 ounces (with at least three ounces from whole grains)
- Vegetables: 2 to 3 1/2 cups, with a variety of colors and types
- Fruits: 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese: 3 cups of milk (1 cup of yogurt, 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of cheese, or 2 cups of cottage cheese are equivalent to one cup of milk)
- Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts: 5-7 ounces of lean meat, poultry or fish (1/4 cup of cooked beans or tofu, 1 egg, 1/2 ounce of nuts or seeds, or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter are equivalent to one ounce of meat)
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...