Dietary guidelines for seniors. The dietary guidelines for adults suggest that a person should select a suggested amount from five major food groups each day. The recommended dietary guidelines are as follows:
- Grains: 5-10 ounces (with at least three ounces from whole grains)
- Vegetables: 2 to 3 1/2 cups, with a variety of colors and types
- Fruits: 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese: 3 cups of milk (1 cup of yogurt, 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of cheese, or 2 cups of cottage cheese are equivalent to one cup of milk)
- Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts: 5-7 ounces of lean meat, poultry or fish (1/4 cup of cooked beans or tofu, 1 egg, 1/2 ounce of nuts or seeds, or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter are equivalent to one ounce of meat)
Health Star Of The Week
For 24-year-old Ankit his a genetic problem, Hypothyroidism that was playing a spoiler by...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Eggs can be prepared by several methods, but the trick is to not over cook it. Anjali Shah...
High uric acid levels in the blood stream can lead to a common form of arthritis called...
Oral sex means sexual actions regarding the stimulation of the genitals by the use of the...