Healthy Snack: Moong Beans Sprouts Dosa Recipe
She has always been a foodie, she can talk endlessly about food. She writes on MerryTummy - a collection of easy to exotic recipes. She grew up helping her mother in the kitchen which was instrumental in developing her basics and knowledge about spices. When she was getting married, she was told - 'a way to man's heart is through his stomach', but she felt it is important to keep his heart healthy too; thus she likes to eat right and choose the healthy substitutes. Apart from cooking, she loves to travel and try out different cuisines with her partner.
It is a simple and very healthy dosa (pancake) made from green moong sprouts. I do not make dosa often and it is not because I don’t like dosa, it is just that I like eating it hot, straight from the pan to my mouth. Anyway, lately I found some spouted moong beans at a grocery store and I picked it up. I wasn't sure what to do with it, as I normally eat it in a salad. After some thought I decided to grind the beans sprouts with some green chillies, ginger and garlic and use it in my dosa batter.
- 1 cup sprouted green moong
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 5 tablespoons semolina
- 5 tablespoon gram flour
- 3-4 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 cup oil
- In a mixer grind sprouts, ginger, garlic and green chillies coarsely. Use water only to reach dosa/pancake batter consistency.
- Mix in salt, semolina and gram flour.
- Heat a pan/tava on high-medium heat and spread one ladle-full of batter into a dosa.
- Drizzle some oil and let it cook on one side. Flip over the other side and drizzle some oil again. Cook both the sides well.
- Remove from pan and serve with chutney of your choice.
Use stuffing such as paneer, onions or potatoes to fill the dosas.
Do not grind into a fine paste. The coarse texture is better and tastier.
*Images courtesy: © Shweta Agarwal
Your alarm didn’t go off, you woke up late and now you’re running late for work -...
For better or for worse, things will change. The decisions you make today will reflect on...
Street jazz is a modern-day dance style that stems from other dance forms like hip-hop,...