Healthy Snack: Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
She has always been a foodie, she can talk endlessly about food. She writes on MerryTummy - a collection of easy to exotic recipes. She grew up helping her mother in the kitchen which was instrumental in developing her basics and knowledge about spices. When she was getting married, she was told - 'a way to man's heart is through his stomach', but she felt it is important to keep his heart healthy too; thus she likes to eat right and choose the healthy substitutes. Apart from cooking, she loves to travel and try out different cuisines with her partner.
This is a healthy makeover to potato wedges. Why fry potato wedges when you can bake them and still have the same taste. It is a great evening snack for kids and a healthy option to fries.
- 2 potatoes washed and cut into wedges (do not peel)
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of black pepper crushed
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder (increase or decrease as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 and ½ tbsp of olive oil (any oil will do)
- Preheat oven at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and add garlic to it and set it aside to cool.
- In bowl add salt, oregano, pepper, red chilli and cooled oil.
- Mix in it potatoes and coat them very well with the oil mixture.
- Take a baking tray and line it with silver foil.
- Arrange potato wedges on it.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes (keep checking it between)
- Bake until they are soft.
FOR MORE: Recipes
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...