Weight Loss To-Do List
All in one place, today we bring you 5 great diet and fitness tips that must be a part of your weight loss to-do list. Weight loss can be an uphill task for someone who is struggling with the proper combination of what works and what does not. While we know that no two people have the same body or the same problem areas, here are 5 rules that you can follow across the board and get great results. So here they are: Top 5 weight loss rules that you must follow...
1) High intensity interval training (HIIT) – For anyone on a weight loss journey, this is an absolute must. HIIT’s are basically short bursts of all out high intensity exercises. So for example sprinting on an elliptical or even out in the open, in a swimming pool, or anywhere is an example of this. If you take a 20 minute cycle on an elliptical, this is what your HIIT session would look like. After a warm up, do a burst of all out cross training and stop when you feel you are slowing down. Your sprint will not be more than 20 to 30 seconds after which you will be too drained, catch your breath and do another one. You should be able to complete 8 in 20 minutes. Do this once a week and you will see results.
2) Carb control – Veggies, salads, veggies, and more salads. Let this be the crux of your carb content when trying to lose weight. Green veggies and fresh salads provide fiber and roughage, and eating lots of these is healthy and filling. By getting most of your carbs from these sources, you will be cutting down on grains, which though healthy, do not aid you in weight loss. Once you have lost the weight that you have to, you can increase your consumption of grains.
3) Full body resistance training – Resistance training with either weights or body weights, which involves the full body – the core, legs, arms, glutes etc. – is a must for weight loss. Weight squats, pushups, pullups, deadlifts, weights lunges, over head press, yoga, all these are full body resistance workouts and need to be made part of any weight loss efforts.
4) Protein inclusion – Any weight loss plan should have an adequate inclusion of proteins. Proteins fill you up, make you feel less peckish, and help build muscle, which in turn hikes up metabolism. So without protein, most of your efforts will be that much harder to materialize.
5) Being active everyday – While trying to lose weight, you need to work activity into your life 7 days of the week. This requires a mindset change, so whether it is - skipping up a flight of stairs, simply going for a walk with your ipod, after dinner with your spouse, or around the office complex after lunch with a colleague - work being active and sitting less, into your daily life.
Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
If you’ve ever admired Hrithik Roshan or John Abraham’s physique, you have Kris Gethin...
Anurag was a pampered boy who weighed 117 kilos when he was just 22 years old. While the...
For hundreds of years, the only type of milk humans had to drink was animal milk that came...