Three Tangy and Healthy Recipes
Here are three healthy, tangy and nutritional, but delicious, fun recipes, which can be prepared in a jiffy for any occassion. Whether it's a picnic, an evening get together, or an office lunch box, these recipes promise to add that tangy zest to every day meal times. So read on to get recipes for honey oat loaf, freckled cucumber salad, and shredded red cabbage with apples. These quick, lip smacking recipes can be prepared in no time at all, and call for easy to find ingredients. Serve them as side dishes or quickly prepare them for healthy evening snacks. To top it all, they are packed with healthy nutrients. Check them out...
Honey Oat Loaf
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ a cup of honey
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 45 grams melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- Stir together flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in rolled oats. Mix them well.
- Add in butter, eggs, honey and water into the flour and mix them together well.
- Pour this ready mixture into a tin plate and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Take out the mixture and test it with a skewer if your loaf is ready. Let it cool completely and cut into slices.
The wholesome quotient: Oats are full of fiber, which is an important nutrient in healthy meals. This honey oat loaf is rich in protein and other minerals, which are vital for your body's growth and development.
Freckled Cucumber Salad
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of mint, finely chopped, to garnish
- Chop cucumber into very thin julienne strips and place them in a bowl along with chopped mints.
- In separate bowl mix yoghurt, lemon juice, sliced onion, salt and pepper together.
- Pour this yoghurt mixture into finely sliced cucumber bowl and stir it with light hand.
- Cover the mixture properly and let it stand in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sprigs of mints or herbs. Cucumber salad is all ready to be served.
The wholesome quotient: Freckled cucumber salad is a low-calorie salad and is particularly healthy for people who want to lose weight. Mints, onion and cucumber are a good source of calcium and phosphorus and are an excellent way to strengthen your bones.
Shredded Red Cabbage with Apples
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 25 grams of butter
- 2 cloves
- 500 grams of red cabbage, roughly shredded
- 2 medium-sized apple, peeled and sliced
- A cup of hot stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Toss some butter and onion in a pan and stir fry it lightly for roughly around 2 minutes.
- Add in cabbage, cloves and hot stock. Stir fry adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for around 5 minutes.
- Now slowly add your peeled and sliced pieces of apple in the pan. Cover the pan for around 10 minutes, making sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Place the mixture in a serving dish. Serve it with sprinkling of chives.
The wholesome quotient: This dish is rich in vitamins and minerals. Cabbage is a store-house of zinc, magnesium, folic acid, zinc, beta-carotene and Vitamin C. On the other hand, apple is full of magnesium and potassium. Thus, all these properties classify it as a healthy dish for all age groups!
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...