Sweet Potato Sesame Cakes Recipe
When you think about sweet potatoes, you might be imagining nothing more than normal plain potatoes that just tweak your taste buds with some extra flavor. But hold on. Today we bring you an extraordinary recipe that has so many unique nutritional benefits that you will probably lose count. These potatoes, with their deliciously sweet dessert-like taste are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Besides this, they are a rich source of certain nutrients that help to regulate the body’s blood sugar level. What's more, you can prepare this tasty dish in a jiffy. Read on to know more about how to prepare sweet potato sesame cakes.
• 500 gms Sweet Potato
• 65 gms desiccated coconut
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
• 300 gms normal potatoes
• ½ tablespoon soya sauce
• ½ tablespoon lime juice
• ½ tablespoon flour
• 2 fresh chilies chopped
• 4 garlic cloves
• 30 gms sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
• Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
• Peel the skin of the sweet potatoes and boil them until they are soft and properly cooked.
• Drain the water and then allow the cooked potatoes to cool for some time.
• Once cooled, mash the potatoes properly in a large bowl.
• Next, in a pan, heat some oil and fry the garlic and chilies lightly over it. To this, add the mashed potatoes and keep stirring.
• Add the lime juice, soya sauce, coriander and coconut to the mashed potatoes.
• Add the salt and pepper and make a uniform mixture.
• Next, put a little flour on your hands and make small croquettes with the mixture.
• Before frying the sweet potato croquettes, dip them in sesame seeds and press firmly so that they adhere properly to the surface.
• Once fried, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
(Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images)
Health Star Of The Week
Nidhi, thought that being tall helped her look slim, so she didn't pay any attention...
If women are coy about sex, men are coy about skincare treatments. Men also face skin...