One-Dish Meal: Chicken Vegetables Casserole
Perhaps one of the easiest one-dish meals, the quick-as-a-whip chicken vegetables casserole is a great solution for weekly dinners. Cook it over a lazy Sunday evening, and store it in the fridge for repeat dinners as and when you're short on time to cook anything else. What's more - this chicken vegetables casserole calls for all sorts of vegetables, and next to no oil. This one-dish meal covers the holy trinity that is so crucial for daily healthy meals - fat, proteins, and carbs. Let's get cracking!
- Boneless chicken – 1 kilo
- Baby corn – 4
- Mushrooms – a big handful
- Fresh basil – 6 to 8 leaves
- Red bell pepper diced – 1
- Yellow bell pepper diced – 1
- Zucchini chopped – 2 big
- Brocoli - 1 small
- Carrots - 1/2 cup
- Readymade soup pack (dry powdered) approx. 100gms.
- Skimmed milk - 1 and a 1/2 cup
- White flour - 1tbs
- Mixed Italian dressing - 4 heaped teaspoons
- A sprinkling of salt
- One deep and wide, slightly greased baking dish
- Stir fry chicken with the mixed Italian seasoning. Cook for about 10 minutes, till the pieces are golden brown. Add to the baking dish.
- Stir fry the vegetables for 3-5 minutes, and add to the baking dish.
- Add milk to the same pan. Pour in the soup packet’s contents. Keep stirring so that no lumps are formed. Add the flour (maida). Mix and stir till the consistency is thick-ish. Add to the baking dish. Mix everything well. Add basil leaves.
- Cover the chicken casserole with a breathable cover (silver foil with a few holes).
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C.
- Add the chicken casserole to the oven, once the pre-heat is over and bake at 180C for 40 minutes.
This is a complete meal in itself. You could enjoy it with some toasted garlic bread with a smattering of warm butter on it. Bon Appetit!
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Multiple orgasms, the holy grail of sex. Men capable of dishing them out are considered sex...
Monsoon is all about acne prone skin, zits and pimples due to dust, frizzy hair and dirty...