Weight Loss Recipe: Oats Dhokla
Oats are considered the best healthy breakfast ingredient, as they not only flush out bad cholesterol, but also boost energy and aid digestion. We give the Indian Dhokla a twist by adding oats to, so go on and try this recipe.
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Semolina
- 10g ginger paste
- ½ Cup sour curd
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsp lemon-sugar syrup
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
• Roast the aats and the semolina separately.
• Beat the sour curd in a separate bowl.
• Mix the oats, semolina and curd and leave it on for 10 minutes until it ferments.
• Add 2 tsp hot oil, ginger-green chili paste, salt, turmeric powder, coconut in the paste and mix well
• Take a pan, grease it well and empty paste into it and steam it for 10 minutes
• Once steamed, cut it into equal sized pieces.
• Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds and when it splutters, add it to the cut piece.s
• Sprinkle lemon-sugar syrup over it .
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with mint chutney.
*Recipe Courtesy: Chef Nita Mehta, Bagrrys India Ltd
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Oats
Many people’s jobs require them to sit in the same spot for several hours at a time,...
Do you feel exhausted every time you head to the gym? Workout fatigue is a real problem...
Refined foods get clogged in the colon, causing gas, indigestion, flatulence and...