Indian Cooking: Rajasthani Ghevar Recipe
Ghevar is a popular Rajasthani dessert. Try this mouthwatering recipe shared by Akansha Jhalani, registered Dietitian and food blogger.
• Refined flour (maida) - 1 3/4 cup
• Cornflour- 1 tbsp
• Sugar-1 cup
• Ghee-1/4 cup
• Milk- 1 tbsp
• Kewra essence- few drops
• Sodium bicarb- As required
• Ghee-to deep fry
• Silver warq
• Almonds to garnish
1. Mix together flour, cornflour and ghee in a bowl. Add a cup of water to the mixture, while folding in the batter. Make an emulsion so that the ghee and water do not separate.
2. The water should be of coating consistency, add more water if necessary. Set this mixture aside.
3. In a pan, cook sugar with half a cup of water, stir until sugar dissolves and then add milk to it. Cook the mixture until consistent, add the essence and keep it aside.
4. Pour sufficient ghee in a pan and place a 2 and a half inch mould in the centre so that 3/4 of the mould is lined with ghee. When the ghee is hot, add one ladle of the batter. When the foam settles, add another ladleful of batter and cook the ghevar.
5. When the ghevar is cooked from the centre, remove it carefully from the mould and place it in the sugar syrup, coat it well and remove.
6. Garnish with sugar wrap and almonds and serve while hot.
*Image courtesy: © dinodia
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...