Healthy Soup Recipe: Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup
This garlicky flavoured lentil and tomato soup is not only low in calories but is also rich in proteins and zinc. Its creamy texture and flavour makes it a perfectly balanced meal. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try.
1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup masoor dal (split red lentil) , washed and drained
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
2 tsp lemon juice
For The Garnish
1 tbsp cooked rice, optional
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the chilli powder and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the masoor dal, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for three whistles.
5. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Set aside to cool.
6. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to form a smooth purée.
7. Transfer the purée to a deep pan, add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
Recipe Courtesy: Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup, TarlaDalal.com
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Recipes
Every New Year, we tend to make New Year’s resolutions that we swear we are going to...
Your hands can become rough from your daily chores, making them look a lot older than the...
Stevia is a popular sweetener and sugar substitute that is favoured widely as it...