Healthy Snack Recipe: Veg Daliya Upma
This recipe is a favourite Indian breakfast dish. Veg Daliya Upma’s filling is high in fibre and rich in magnesium. It keeps you satiated for a longer time by making you feel fuller. This healthy snack also helps you avoid frequent undesirable munching which can give rise to hypertension, among other unhealthy repercussions.
Serves : 4
- Broken wheat (dalia) : 2 cups
- Onions (chopped): 1 medium-sized
- Green chilies: 1-2
- Ginger (Grated): 1 teaspoon
- Green peas: ½ cup
- Carrots (diced) : ½ cup
- Mustard seeds:1 tsp
- Oil:2 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander for garnish
• Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
• Drain and keep aside.
• Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the mustard seeds.
• When they splutter, add the onions, green chilli and ginger and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
• Add the green peas, carrots, broken wheat and salt and sauté for 3- 4 minutes.
• Add 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
• Garnish with the coriander and serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Anjalika Abraham, Dietician, Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai
*Image Courtesy: www.healthfooddesivideshi.com
Garlic, a regular staple in Indian households, is the ultimate superfood. Apart from giving...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...