Healthy Snack Recipe: Veg Daliya Upma
This recipe is a favourite Indian breakfast dish. Veg Daliya Upma’s filling is high in fibre and rich in magnesium. It keeps you satiated for a longer time by making you feel fuller. This healthy snack also helps you avoid frequent undesirable munching which can give rise to hypertension, among other unhealthy repercussions.
Serves : 4
- Broken wheat (dalia) : 2 cups
- Onions (chopped): 1 medium-sized
- Green chilies: 1-2
- Ginger (Grated): 1 teaspoon
- Green peas: ½ cup
- Carrots (diced) : ½ cup
- Mustard seeds:1 tsp
- Oil:2 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander for garnish
• Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
• Drain and keep aside.
• Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the mustard seeds.
• When they splutter, add the onions, green chilli and ginger and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
• Add the green peas, carrots, broken wheat and salt and sauté for 3- 4 minutes.
• Add 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
• Garnish with the coriander and serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Anjalika Abraham, Dietician, Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai
*Image Courtesy: www.healthfooddesivideshi.com
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...