Healthy Smoothie Recipe: Apricot Shake
Tired of using the same old fruits in your smoothies? Try this healthy apricot smoothie to awaken your taste buds. This smoothie is a perfect blend of apricots and bananas that complement each other perfectly.
• 8 pieces of dried apricots, chopped finely
• 2 cups cold milk
• 3 tsp brown sugar, or to taste
• ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
• 5-6 cubes of ice
• 1-2 tsp finely slivered almonds, dry roasted on a pan for 2 minutes
• 2 whole apricots
• Place finely chopped apricots with ¼ cup milk in a mixer-grinder.
• Blend until smooth.
• Add remaining milk, brown sugar and cinnamon to the mixer-grinder and blend for a few more seconds.
• Add ice and blend. Check sweetness and add more sugar if needed.
• Pour into individual glasses.
• Cut a small slit in a dry apricot and affix on the rim of the glass.
• Sprinkle slivered roasted almonds and serve.
*Image courtesy: Shutterstock
*Recipe courtesy: Nita Mehta, Indian celebrity chef and author
For More: Healthy Drinks
Absolutely love those deep backed cholis but ashamed of the state of your back? Luckily,...
Herbs and spices have been traditionally used for their flavour-enhancing and medicinal...
The human body is simply amazing, with several functions and abilities that we don’t even...